The struggle to find the “best way” to ingest cannabinoids is real. Some people might like the ease and discreteness of a vape pen, while others can’t get enough of the cannabis Mother Nature has to offer. The question stands: which is better? Let’s take a look at the differences, the pros, the cons, and some fun facts.
LIT Farms has you covered for the best in seeds, vapes and edibles.
- 1 Key Takeaways
- 2 How Vaping THC Works
- 3 Difference Between Vaping and Smoking Cannabis
- 4 Advantages of THC Vape Pens
- 5 Pros and Cons of Vaping Delta-8
- 6 Vaping vs. Smoking Cost
- 7 Smoking vs. Vaping Weed Effects on Lungs
- 8 Where to Buy Delta-8 Vape Pens Online?
- 9 Final Thoughts
- 10 Delta-8 Vape: Frequently Asked Questions
- Delta-8 and Delta-9 pens are gaining popularity as the 2018 Farm Bill legalized hemp-derived cannabis products on a federal level.
- Vaping has many advantages, from discreteness to health-related concerns.
- Vape pens are often more potent than buds, as distillate can have a high percentage of cannabinoids.
How Vaping THC Works
Vaping THC and other cannabinoids are easier than ever, thanks to the 2018 Farm Bill that made hemp-derived products federally legal and easily accessible. THC vapes are vaporizer devices that heat and aerosolize concentrated cannabis distillate, turning it into vapor and letting you inhale it. The main reason behind the popularity of vaping THC is because of how fast this form of admission can take effect.
Difference Between Vaping and Smoking Cannabis
Whether you vape or smoke cannabis, you will definitely feel the effects from cannabis. However, they are different from one another. First off, smoking requires more logistics: unless you go for a pre-roll, you’ll have to grind, pack, or roll before being able to take a puff.
On the other hand, vaping requires nothing more than a set of lungs. People prefer vaping cannabis for a number of reasons, including discreteness, ease, and health. Vapes don’t directly light the cannabis buds on fire, which means no harmful byproducts like tar and carcinogens. Vapes can also have personalizable features like temperature and wattage control, letting you take control of the sesh.
Advantages of THC Vape Pens
The many advantages of vape pens are why so many cannabis enthusiasts are incorporating them into their consumption habits. While there’s nothing wrong with a classically-rolled joint, here are some attributes that give vape pens an edge:
- The discreteness of vape pens is unmatched. They’re small, portable, and produce almost no scent and visible vapor.
- Vape pens are so convenient and easy to use, with user-friendly designs and easy to haul around.
- Some vapes let you personalize dosage control and temperature settings, which can help manage intake.
- Distillates in vape pens are often able to conserve flavor and terpene profiles, letting you enjoy each strain as it is.
- Vape pens may pose a healthier alternative to smoking, although it’s important to talk to a medical professional before making any decisions.
Pros and Cons of Vaping Delta-8
If you’re thinking about purchasing a vape pen, you’ll want to be as knowledgeable as you can about what to look for and what to expect. Here are some pros and cons that might help you decide:
- Vape pens come in a number of potencies, and you can find very potent distillates that rival high-percentage buds.
- Vape pens often have a milder and slightly pleasurable vapor flavor.
- Because the vapor dissipates quickly, vape pens are incredibly discreet and convenient.
- Smoking from vape pens can make it easier to consume smaller amounts of Delta-8 without waste.
- There are many types of vapes: cartridges, disposable vapes, and dabs. This allows you to find the one best suited to your needs.
- Vape pens lack the authenticity of smoking cannabis, which some people might miss.
- Because distillate is more potent than a flower, the increased potency may not be suitable for people searching for a milder experience.
- Unlike a joint, vape pens aren’t ideal for sharing in a group.
Vaping vs. Smoking Cost
Both vaping and smoking can take a lot out of your bank account, especially if you’re a daily user. However, which one is better in the long run?
Vaping requires the initial investment of buying a vape pen or vaporizer device. There’s something for everyone, with budget-friendly options that aren’t more than $20 and also higher-end options with high-end price tags, depending on the brand and potency.
Smoking cannabis also requires an initial investment: purchasing the buds and whatever smoking accessories you prefer, whether that’s rolling papers, a pipe, a bong, or something else.
Ultimately, it all depends on your habits. Vaping might have a higher initial investment, but it could be more cost-effective in the long run because of its efficiency and potency. If you tend to smoke low-cost flower options, it might not be cheaper but requires constantly updating your stock.
Smoking vs. Vaping Weed Effects on Lungs
It’s always important to speak to a trusted medical professional when you have questions about how certain vapor or smoke can affect you. If you have some sort of a lung disease, we highly suggest speaking to a doctor before trying either of these products.
To establish a baseline, it’s important to note that neither of these products are healthy, per se. Both these products are harmful to your lungs but we’re looking to find the lesser of two evils here, so let’s do that.
Smoking cannabis requires combustion, which produces smoke that can have harmful byproducts, irritating the lungs and possibly leading to further issues. Some people use hemp rope to light up cannabis flowers in order to bypass the ingestion of butane from lighters.
On the other hand, vaping doesn’t produce any smoke, only vapor. Vaping, although generally considered not as harmful as smoking, still needs to be studied for its long-term effects.
Where to Buy Delta-8 Vape Pens Online?
Now that you know a little bit about cannabis vape pens, where can you buy one? The internet is full of them, so finding the right one can be difficult. You want to make sure the Delta-8 vape pens you buy are manufactured by reputable brands, following safety guidelines and providing transparency.
If you’re at a loss for where to start, we’ve got your back. Check out LIT Farms’ Liquid Diamonds! These pre-charged vape pens are packed with 1 gram of potent Delta-8 distillate and liquid diamonds, which make them hit even harder. Our personal favorites are Melon Tree Liquid Diamonds and Lollipopz Liquid Diamonds, each with a similarly sweet but unique strain that’ll have you feeling blissful, relaxed, and ready to face the day head-on.
There isn’t a right or a wrong way to consume cannabis. The experience is so incredibly unique that each and every one of us has the opportunity to explore a growing industry that promises something for us all.
The vape pen vs. smoking debate may have many sides, but at the end of the day, all that matters is that you’re comfortable with your consumption options. If you’re curious about transitioning into the vape world, make sure you research and find products that are safe, effective, and fun.
Delta-8 Vape: Frequently Asked Questions
Is Delta-8 Enough to Get You High?
Delta-8 can get you high, although it’s considered to be milder than Delta-9 THC. It’s recommended to start off with one puff and wait a few minutes to be in control of the effects.
Does Delta-8 Show Up On Drug Tests?
Delta-8 can appear on drug tests, as some distillates carry many cannabinoids, including THC.
What is Different About Delta-8 High?
The Delta-8 high is generally described as similar to THC but a bit milder. It has similar benefits but does not have the same side effects as Delta-9.